June 27, 2011

Inspiration...

Webster's Definition:
Inspiration
- 1. a breathing in; drawing of air into the lungs 2. an inspiring, or being inspired mentally or emotionally 3. an inspiring influence; any stimulus to creative thought or action
See Also - brainstorm; creativity; flash; genius; impulse; revelation; spark; fire; vision.

My Definition:

An invitation to explore something ancient and mysterious.


When the seemingly impossible becomes a portal of possibility.


A rare glimpse into the heart of something deep and beautiful.


Beauty that leaves you breathless.


Moments that cause you to wonder if... perhaps... you have seen into another world.

When a vision leaves you knowing you can never communicate its true depth and beauty with accuracy... but you just have to try anyway.


What is your inspiration?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are beautiful pictures, Mary :) I think my favorite is the third one. It seems like it has a wild, lonely kind of beauty.
    Hmmm, my inspiration. I guess it comes from a lot of things. Pictures, music, a really good poem. Definitely the finale of Beethoven's 9th Symphony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuZryzpIhiw
    That piece gives me chills down my spine!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.