October 31, 2011

The Clock is Ticking!

Friends, we have only a few hours left until the beginning of the biggest writing event of the year:
NaNoWriMo!
In my timezone it's about 13 hours 'til midnight. I'm still waffling on whether to stay up late and start writing at midnight, or whether I should just go to bed really early and get up super early in the morning to get started. I'm not a night owl by any stretch of the imagination, so I'll probably go with getting up early like I did last year.
I've got my NaNo profile all updated, and a new computer file waiting, ready to go for this year's NaNo project: The Queen's Flower.
I've got a good stock of writing supplies laid in (supplies in this case consisting mostly of chocolate-covered pomegranates) and a November schedule that has been hacked down to bare minimum so as to allow the most writing time possible.
I'm planning to journal NaNo here at the Lair like I did last year, so you all will be able to keep up with how it's going, or you can add me as a writing buddy - I'm MaryRuth (one word) on the site.

The hour is upon us, writers. Are you ready?

6 comments:

  1. I'm ready (nervous, wondering why the heck I agreed to do this, wondering if I can back out and still save face with all those I announced it to over the internet...) Yeah, any of those, take your pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really doubt it, but here goes! X) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You back out now, Heather Ann, and I'll never let you forget it!
    That's the spirit, Tahl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year, I consider NaNo (oh, the appeal of many days spent writing), but every year there's way too many events in November. In addition to the holidays this year, we have weddings and all sorts of other community happenings. January or February would work so much better. :)

    Has it been effective for you in years past, Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year was the first time I'd ever done NaNo, Sarah. At that time I was still living with my grandmother as her caretaker, so about three days in I thought 'Great Scot, what have I gotten myself into?'
    But I actually made the deadline, which made me feel awesome, and I learned a lot about my own writing style (discovering that I have a horrible tendency to repeat myself). So even though I've only done it once, I think it's definitely been effective as a writing exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's good to hear. Maybe next year will be the year I can finally arrange things to participate!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.