January 20, 2012

Favorite Movie/TV Quotes

I'm sure by now most of my followers know that I love collecting quotes. I get them everywhere, so I thought I'd share some of my personal favorites with you all! I thought about doing a post of my favorite quotes in general... but I realized that was way too broad of a category, so I narrowed it down to TV and movie quotes. I catch them everywhere - I can walk past a TV that's playing a movie I'm not even watching, and as I walk by hear a great quote that I just have to add to my quote book. So here are a few of my favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I will use all my powers of persuasion. If that doesn't work I'll hit her in the head."
~ Bob Brown, from 'The Unit'

"I seen your Adam's apple bobbin' up and down, and that's how I knowed you was singin' opera."
~Gomer Pyle, from 'Gomer Pyle'

"I don't make things complicated, that's just the way they get, all by themselves."
~ -unknown character- from 'Lethal Weapon'

"I find that smuggling is the life for me, and I would be happy to kill your friend the maggot."
~Edmond Dantes, from 'The Count of Monte Cristo'

"'Eccentric' means 'loopy with money'."
~Bob the Tomato, from 'Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush'

"Adventures are never fun when you're having them."
~Sharona Flemming, from 'Monk'

"Thanks for helping me and for... spitting on me."
~Clifford, from 'Wild Hearts Can't be Broken'

"I would like to think that, given the circumstances, I've been extremely forgiving up 'til now."
~Mike Wazowski, from 'Monsters Inc.'

"You keep using that word..."
~Inigo Montoya, from 'The Princess Bride'

What is your favorite movie or TV quote?

4 comments:

  1. Bob the Tomato's is my favorite from that. :) I can't pick one all-time favorite quote, though. I have a whole document saved. My newest one is by a guy named Wayne in The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson: "I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two'n'two and get a pickle."
    Before that are ten or eleven quotes by Terry Pratchett. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this from The Two Towers: 'War will make corpses of us all.' - Faramir

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't save a whole lot from movies, but I have pages and pages from things people said and books. I have a couple saved from Pirates of the Caribbean (why ones struck me from that when I've only seen each movie once, I'm not sure. Maybe I wasn't expecting profundity from them).
    “Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true!”

    “No course is lost if but one fool is left to fight.”

    ... and we quote Megamind and Princess Bride a lot. And there are some good 'uns in LotR, but I just haven't written them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Why do I feel so melANcholy?" :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.