November 5, 2012

Journaling, Day 5 of NaNoWriMo

Total Word Count So Far: 7,387

Not quite up to quota for today, but the day is still young. I'll get it. And, even if I don't, I should be able to catch up tomorrow. First of all, there are no violin lessons to teach tomorrow, so I won't have the interruption. Second, I'm planning an Election Night watch/writing party, so I should be able to get quite a bit of writing done then... since I doubt I would be able to sleep anyway. (I hate suspense, and this particular election is about to kill me already, so I'm just going to save myself the agony and stay up.)
I am totally loving my characters! Well... most of them. Mr. Bowden, the superintendent of St. George's Academy, is a bit too stuck on his own authority. And Mr. Wells, the prime minister's chief of security, is absolutely infuriating. Fortunately, I just finished the last scene that he's going to be in for a long while, so I'll get a bit of a break. And my poor main characters will get one too... since they don't like Wells any better than I do.
But aside from Bowden and Wells, my characters are awesome and I am having so much fun working with them. They're definitely keeping me entertained. This morning Thaddeus hid Cole in a washroom so Bowden and Wells wouldn't find him, but then he forgot about him so poor Cole has spent most of today locked in a very small and very stuffy room. Frankly, though, I think he deserved it. He shouldn't have been eavesdropping.
I'm beginning a search for an opportunity for Ann to use her derringer, but so far I haven't been able to come up with just the right scene. But that's okay, I've got time. I'll think of something. A derringer is just too cool not to use. ; )

How is NaNo going for all of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.