December 19, 2009

A Brief Update

I'm sure most of you are aware of my somewhat suicidal goal to finish the first draft of my first novel by December 31. Needless to say, December has been a blur for me (Mom nearly sent me into panic when she mentioned last night that Christmas is only a week away).
But, I thought I'd take the time to at least give you all an update on my progress. Right now Son of the Shield stands at 80,850 words and Thirty-Nine chapters. I've been cranking out an average of around 2000 words per day (with yesterday being my all-time record - 3,300!).
Only thirteen days left, folks. Can I get Draft 1 finished by December 31? Well - if I don't, it won't be because I didn't run myself ragged trying.

1 comment:

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.