January 2, 2015

A New Year...A New Steampunk Blog!

2014 was a big year for me, in a lot of ways. 2015 promises to be just as big, if not bigger, and I'm super excited about it! After the November release of my first novel, I took a whole month off to rest and relax, but now I'm hard at work on the sequel!
In addition to that, I've decided to invest a bit more time and energy into exploring the world of Steampunk. I'm doing it in a variety of ways. One of those ways is by experimenting with writing Steampunk literature for children. I've noticed that by and large, the steampunk literature being published "for children" is extremely dark, and I'm not too keen on that notion, so I'm hoping to shine some light into that genre. I'll be sure to keep you posted on my progress!
Another way in which my foray into steampunk is manifesting itself is in the launch of a new online steampunk community, The Facts of Steampunk Life.


The first inspiration for this concept came to me only very recently, but things seem to be falling into place very well and I'm pleased to announce that the blog, which will be the foundation site for the community, launched yesterday, January 1. You can check it out here, at http://factsofsteampunklife.blogspot.com
While the blog will serve as the foundation, the community also has a YouTube channel, a Pinterest, and a Google+ page, so if steampunk is something that interests you, be sure to check them all out!

Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Steampunk for children does tend to be dark. I can't wait to see how you lighten it! I think that is a great idea.

    I'll have to come back later to check out the blog. I love Steampunk! Just short on time right now. I shall return though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing and fun. Lots of potential!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.