November 1, 2011

Journaling - Day 1 of NaNo

Word Count so far: 1694

The first day went pretty well, all things considered. My horse sprained his ankle over the weekend, so I had to take a trip to the vet's office this morning to pick up some meds for him (meds which he now adamantly refuses to take), but that didn't take up a terrible amount of time, so I was able to make my word count for the day plus a few extra words. Always a good thing. : )
I'm a little unsure what to make of my main character from what I've seen of him so far. I had really anticipated him being this calm, laid-back sort of guy, but so far he seems pretty worry-prone and panicky. Of course, he did just find out that his little brother has been kidnapped by enemy soldiers... so I guess that could be part of it. Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions prematurely. It's been known to happen.

How did your first day of NaNo go?

2 comments:

  1. Terrific. I had the oppiste problem--my hotheaded girl turned out to be quite rational.
    Wordcount...er...well, I'm Nenya_s Wings if you want to check your buddy list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are journaling about this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts on this post? I'd love to hear your comments, questions, or ideas, even if you don't agree with me. Please be aware that I reserve the right to delete comments that are uncivil or vulgar, however.